The Unknown Billionaire

During my journey all across India, I have many stories and adventures in my Journal. It reflects all my experiences and knowledge gathered over the years of travel.

Back in 2014 I met an elderly women in the late 50's. We were put up in the same hotel in Kodaikanal. She was looking to play chess. I noticed that she was playing with herself, rotating the board by 180* after every turn. It caught my attention. I approached her and asked her about the game. She said "I compete with myself so that I can help myself get better every time". 

She kept the game aside and we started interesting conversations about her life from the USA to Singapore (where she currently lives with her only son),Travel, Technology, Fin-Tech were among the few topic discussed. Surprisingly she mentioned Bitcoins and cryptocurrency. I was most interested in that. 

She said that the 2009 crisis hit her really bad, she lost her husband and had to raise a son all by herself. She was a hedge fund manager at Barclays. With constant analysis she found out that cryptocurrencies have huge potential in the future. With the recession she lost faith in the financial/monetary system, the dollar and the banks. She claims that she bet all her money on Bitcoins as she had a friend who knew Satashi Nakamoto and their confidence in cryptocurrencies grew stronger

She en-cashed all the benefits, savings, and funds of her deceased husband and purchased a total of 5,355,555.50 Bitcoins in 2011 for 0.8$ each.

The math today (2021) adds up to $294,397,028,057.20



Comments