Choices and Gifts



Tomorrow in a very real sense, your Life, the life you author from scratch on your own, begins. 
How will you use your Gifts? What choices will you make?  Will inertia be you guide? Or will you follow your passions? Will you follow dogma or will you be original? Will you choose a life of ease or a life of service and adventure? Will you wilt under criticism or will you follow your convictions? Will you bluff it out when you are wrong or will you apologize? Will you guard your hart against rejection or will you act when you fall in love? Will you play it safe or will you be a little bit swashbuckling?
When it's tough will you give up or will you be relentless? Will you be a cynic or will you be a builder? Will you be clever at the expense of others or will you be kind?

When you are 80 years old and in a quite moment of reflection, narrating for only yourself the most personal version of your life’s story, the telling will be the most compact and meaningful, will be the choices you have made. In the end we are or choices!
Build yourself a great story!

What I wanna talk to you about today is the difference between gifts and choices. Cleverness is a gift : Kindness is a choice. Gifts are easy they are given after all. Choices can be hard : you can seduce yourself with your gifts if you are not careful and if you do it’ll probably be to the determine of your choices.

Jules Verne, Mark Twain, Galileo, Newton, Hawking, all the curious from the ages would have wanted to be alive, most of all, right now. As a civilization we will have so many gifts just as you as individuals have so many individual gifts as you sit before me. How you use these gifts and will you take pride in your gifts   or pride in your choices?
I got the idea to start Unidawn with a dream and a cause x years ago. I studied and understood the effectiveness of communications and the need to create something unique that would help all of us evolve in the right manner.

I had just turned 21 years old and I told My father that I wanted to quit my job and go do this crazy thing and I wasn’t sure what would happen after that. My Parents supported me all the way and told me that I should go for it. I’d always wanted to be an inventor and they’d wanted me to follow my passion. I didn’t think I’d regret trying and failing and I suspected that I’d always be haunted by a decision to not try at all. After much consideration I took the less safe path to follow my passion and dreams. And I am proud of that choice.

Comments